October 21st, 2011

My dresser got a makeover.

I bought this dresser five years ago in Brooklyn at a shop called Junk for $100. The shape was stunning but the color of the wood was a bit bleh so I painted it white and have had it in my home ever since. The dresser got pretty beat up in the move though, and I have been wanting to give it a fresh coat of paint for a while now. I finally went for it last week. I gave the whole thing two coats of teal paint, and I painted a strip of the wall behind the dresser to match. Love how it goes with my collection of chunky turquoise jewelery.

Got any fun weekend plans or DIY projects?

12 Responses to My dresser got a makeover.
  1. shari says:

Love it! Especially with the yellow pot next to it… BAM!

2. Rosanne says:

I just started reading Compai about a week ago… love your blog, your apartment, and the fashion posts. I kind of have a jungalow thing going on in my house, with lots of masks and tropical prints/colors, but I think I am going to kick it up a notch after seeing this post. Bought some green paint yesterday, and I am going to paint a plant stand this afternoon, and probably spruce up some plain ol’ pots that I have too. Thanks for the inspiration!

3. It got a freakin’ fabulous makeover! The colour is rocking!

4. christina says:

what a score. the new color really adds such a pop– and i love the glove mold. i’ve got my eye on a few on eBay. happy weekend!

5. Mattos says:

I love the color of that, it turned out so pretty.
    Here is a 25 dollar dresser, that I painted once for my daughters room, the lavender and white and now I painted it black and brown with poppies on it. Soon I will change out the knobs, I have some vintage brass ones all different. http://fineartbymattos.blogspot.com/2011/08/weekend-redos.html

6. evasuejane. says:

THAT IS AMAZING! omg i love it!
    mad jealous.

eva.

7. nicki says:

i am so in love with this piece of furniture!! 100 smackers? way to go!!

i blogged about it as a reference for something i wanted to find myself back in may:

8. Sommer Roman says:

great great piece! $100- what a steal :)

9. Thanks for all the comment love, friends! Glad you love the color as much as I do!!

10. Anonymous says:

its amazing what a can of paint will do

11. Great, love this bold colour! You’ve got a lovely blog – just came across it. Emma Louise Layla Xx