January 21st, 2013
It’s no secret how I feel about pattern. In my jungalow, the more pattern the better–and that is why I am SO excited to announce the biggest giveaway this blog has ever seen–and it’s all about block print! Block printing is a printing technique used widely throughout East Asia. In block printing, a wood block is cut away to create a stamp. Ink or fabric paints are then placed on the woodblock and carefully stamped on the fabrics to create a repeating pattern.
Today’s gargantuan giveaway includes the following goodies:
1. The new book of one of my very favorite designers, John Robshaw. His book, John Robshaw Prints, Textiles, Block Printing, Global Inspiration and Interiors (from Chronicle Books) gives an peek into the designer’s creative process and techniques with the most amazing photos of artisans in India making the prints and seriously drool-inducing interior photos and…and…and–you just have to see it. It’s gorgeous.
2. A John Robshaw Notebook Collection (3 notebooks)
3. A John Robshaw Stationary Collection
4. Two pillow shams from one of my favorite textile companies, Aalamwaar Textiles. I love Aalamwaar pieces because not only do they add a chic, global vibe to all interior spaces, but also becasue all of Aalamwaar products made on natural fabrics and are dyed using plant-derived or low environmental impact dyes, and they are committed to fair treatment for artisans.
5. A huge vintage, Indian block-print textile from my own collection (pictured on the bed) that can be used as a bed-spread, table-cloth curtain–or whatever your imagination dreams up!
Total retail value, $310
Here’s how to enter: Make sure you’re a follower of this blog, and then simply pin any of the above images onto Pinterest. Next leave a comment below sharing your favorite type of print–floral, gingham, plaid, polka dots?!? For additional comments, tweet, add additional pins or share the giveaway on facebook and leave a comment here with the URL. You may leave up to 4 comments. Entries must be posted by Tuesday, January 28th 5pm PST. The winner will be drawn at random and announced the following Wednesday. (Make sure to fill out your email when commenting so I can contact you if you win).
This Giveaway is now closed. The Winner is #41: Niki D from Mamas Got Moxie! Thanks everyone for your participation!