map a well travelled homea well travelled home a well travelled home a well travelled home stool african-dolls a well travelled home doll-weave

My mother-in-law, Mary,  has lived in more countries than anyone I know. She and her husband, Jim, have lived in  Denmark, Abu Dhabi, Scotland,  Egypt, Russia, Thailand and Germany–and I’m sure I’m missing a few. She is a great traveler, has endless energy and impeccable taste–her well-traveled home is both chic and homey, collected and eclectic.  I thought you’d enjoy e peek at her collection of wonderful objects and pieces of art she’s picked up all over the globe and has on display at her home-base in Palm Desert.  I love her African dolls and the Suzani textiles so much.

Thanks for a wonderfully relaxing week,  Mary!
Photos by Justina Blakeney

9 Responses to objet d’art in a well-traveled home
  1. Tonia says:

I’m in love. Love all the color and textures.

2. Bekah says:

These pieces are so beautiful! I collect trinkets like these from thrift stores. I hope to one day have them from my travels. Love this post, Justina!

3. W.O.W. those first two pieces are insane! and that headdress- where are they from??

4. Shevon says:

Lovely salt and pepper shakers!

5. mary dietrich says:

the headdress is from afganistan bought in the blue souk in the emirates.
    this stuff never looked so good… tina is amazing.

• Linda Brown says:

Miss you Mary! We just renovated our house since we moved home from Bangkok in July and it’s now completely Asia. Come see me when you are in the desert again.

Linda

6. love all of the detail in the pieces! Now she just needs to travel to the South Pacific.. then she will never move back haha! xx

7. Andrea says:

I love the map, do you know where I can get one like that?