pallet-garden

cozy1

pallet-2
This is one of the oldest tricks in the upcycling book, but I am still in love with upcycled shipping pallets. Painted and full of succulents, or stacked and covered with sheepskin throws, chic and easy, done and done. I’m thinking an outdoor sofa for the patio and some wall-herb-garden action in my patio this summer. I’m also thinking to paint the pallets in shiny, crazy colors–fuschia and eggplant perhaps?? We’ll see what my pallet future holds!

Photos by Justina Blakeney–Pallet Garden at Guisados in Silverlake and Pallet Sofa at a cafe in Cph.

9 Responses to Upcycled Pallet Persuasion
  1. Laura says:

Justina, I agree, I love the look of an upcycled pallet! I’ve heard, however, that chemicals in pallets aren’t good to have in the home. Do you know if there is truth to this?

• Justina Blakeney says:

Hey Laura, I’ve heard comments on blogs that say that–but I have no more evidence than that…sorry I couldn’t be more helpful!

2. Nan says:

Where do the pelts come from, if I may ask? Were they really expensive? I can’t seem to find anything reasonable online with this look (that I like).

3. Nan says:

Just noticed that the photos were taken elsewhere. But if you have any pelt tips, I’ll take them. :)

4. Nan says:

p.s. the sheepskin (or flokati ?) pelts that is, I wasn’t misspelling pallets… I have a lot of pallets here so was thinking of stealing that Copenhagen look. :)

5. debra says:

I just repurposed a pallet into a vertical garden. Most local building supply companies give them away! Here’s a look at how I did it. http://cocoonhome.com/?p=16994

6. joanna says:

perfect timing! i’m thinking of making a bed out of white-washed pallets once i move into my new place :)

7. […] For a more modern look, paint your palette. [from Justina Blakeney] […]