This gift guide is about giving in more ways than one. A good gift, I mean a really good gift is one that not only leaves a lasting impression on the one on the receiving end, but also gives good karma points to the one doing the giving. All of these gifts on Compai’s 1st gift guide Gifting for Good do just that.
1. Unless you’ve been hiding under a rock (which since you’re on this blog I imagine is not the case) you know about Tom’s shoes. They are #1 on my list because they are cute, eco-ish and for every shoe purchased they give a pair to a child in need. How rad is that?
2. These pillows by Kate Henry at Nest. Nest is a online boutique which supports women artists and artisans in the developing world by helping them create sustainable businesses through a micro-lending program. Their artists helping artists program is especially cool. Purchasing this stunning pillows means you are also lending a hand to artisans in need. I can dig it.
3. These Warby Parker glasses have the same practice as Tom’s Shoes. Buy a pair, give a pair. So by hooking your homie, hubby, or homegirl up with a pair of frames, you’re also ‘giving the gift of vision’ to someone who can’t afford it. Love that.
4. These are two prints from The Working Proof, a site I’ve blogged about before. I really love this concept, especially for a gift, because fine art is something that I rarely purchase, but LOVE to have. The Working Proof also donates a percentage of sales to a charity of the Artists’ choosing. A good thing all the way around.
5. The adorable colorful bags are from Baggu. Baggu bags are designed to replace the plastic bag.
Last year my New Years resolution was to quit the plastic bag habit– and for the most part, I succeeded. Gift a Baguu bag along with a challenge to your loved ones to quit using plastic bags and the gift of using less plastic will permeate and grow and keep on givin’. Makes a perfect stocking stuffer.
Stay tuned for our upcoming guides inlcuding our DIY Gift Guide, and our Vintage Gift Guide.