I was all bundled up in my duvet covers last night feeling as though winter was quickly approaching. I could smell it in the air- plus we got rain, and we hardly ever ger rain in LA. Having grown up in Northern California, I am used to crisp winters. Also the 10 years I spent in Europe and the two I spent in NY got me pretty used to the Cold (with a capital ‘C’) too, but somehow, my body has re-calibrated to the LA weather. Now, even 65 feels freezing.
For me, the wintertime means a return to the rustic. I love unpolished woods, pine-cones, twigs and seeing the bare bones of the trees after the leaves have fallen once the winter comes. These finds are what I’m calling ‘doable rustic,’ and I’m craving it so much these days! These design ideas are easily achieved with simple materials and a little manual dexterity.
1. Twig Chandelier found via Design Squish
2. Pine Cone Decoration found via this Pin
3. Upcycled Pallet plate holder found on Re-Nest
4. A great way to re-use old crates via French by Design
5. Recycled Pine Wood Console from Wisteria
6. Pallet ottoman