The time has come for us to invest in a new sofa. The one we have now was a hand-me-down from my grandmother, and while it’s still pretty functional, it’s now old, extremely heavy, very sucio, has some busted springs, and the DIY upholstery job that I gave it about five years ago is not holding up too well. (shocker :P) If you look closely, you can see how the fabric is baggy and in places, seams are beginning to come undone. I cover it with a gaggle of throw pillows and fabrics because I can’t stand to look at it anymore. It’s time for a change.
Those of you who have followed the blog for a while know that I can be pretty frugal and that it’s rare for me to buy *new* things–I love my vintage, thrifted and handmade finds–but I think it’s time to make an investment. We have about $2000 to spend on it–which (as thrifty as I am) is a lot to spend on a piece of furniture for myself. That having been said, after about four months of searching, I realize that (with my *expensive* taste) finding something that I love for that price isn’t so easy.
Here’s what we were looking for:
- Sleeper Sofa (especially now with the baby we have grandmas sleeping over to help out and the couch doubles as a guest room)
- Not too heavy to move (I like moving furniture around and the one we have now is so incredibly heavy, it’s hard to clean under it etc.)
- A fun color (duh – that needs no explanation)
- The cheaper the better (double duh)
- Big enough for two people and a baby to sprawl out and comfortably watch the new season of Boardwalk Empire on.
- Baby Friendly
It should also go well with this new coffee table/ottoman that I got on One Kings Lane that should arrive here in the next week or so. (Did you know that coffee table head injuries are the #1 reason toddlers end up in the emergency room?! Crazy!)
I have narrowed it down to four sofas:
Which do you think we should go for? Or are there any others that you’ve seen around that I’ve missed? Help a sista out!