My new kilim coffee table/ottoman from One Kings Lane arrived over the weekend and I had fun trying different ways of styling it between Ida’ naps. Styling a coffee table can be challenging so I put together a few tips of things that I always try to remember.
1. Add something living. (plants, flowers, cutting etc.)
2. Add a tray (or two). this is helpful for placing down cups, keys remote controls etc. and containing them all in one space. You can also use large plates for this.
3. Add reading material. Books, magazines etc. Arrange them by color if you’re as crazy as I am.
4. Drape a textile of a furry something over a corner, if you’re a maximalist like me and want texture.
5. Add candles or incense. The sense of smell is muy importante in any home.
6. Include tchotchkes you love.
7. Leave room for feet lounging, etc.