Hey friends! Nicole here. I just got back from a long, amazing trip including a visit to Istanbul! Though Istanbul is a sprawling metropolis, it had a lovely, quaint quality. It was plumb full of inspiration and the interiors did not disappoint. Whenever I get back from a trip, I always immediately want to incorporate something from my travels into my home- it helps with the post-adventure blues…and greens and pinks ;) So here’s how I’d bring some of the Turkish flair into my home:
(above) 1. Make a room fit for a Sultan and incorporate vibrant, patterned tile and a low, velvet sofa into your lounge area.
2. An Ottoman interior is naked without a bit of gold trim; don’t be afraid to add some sparkle, and help those plants grow all up and around your walls with a few nails to hold up the sprawling vines.
3. Bring the outside in- this breakfast area had an indoor tree and colorful vintage glass paintings hanging on a rough stone wall.
4. Traditional Turkish bathrooms are marble with gorgeous raw brass fixtures. I love this scalloped pedestal sink! While you may not be able to add a marble sink to your home, brass hardware is an accessible way add that vibe into your own bathroom.
5. Velvet furniture is a must- often crushed and in bold colors! How great is this pink?!
6. Hang a colourful, woven tapestry on your wall…while adding coral stone walls and arched ceilings to your dream home wishlist.