Hey guys! Lot’s of fun stuff happening online and off–here are some faves and some updates…
1. We got some new business cards with an actual address on them! I got them at Jakprints. They took a while to get here (about 2 weeks), but now that they’re here I’m super happy with the quality.
1. I will be heading to the MOCA this Saturday, for the launch of “Outside the Lines, Too: An Inspired and Inventive Coloring Book by Creative Masterminds” a coloring book curated by the lovely Souris Hong. I am among the 100 artists featured in the book–my illustration “A View From My Tent” (pictured above!) is in the book. Saturday, Oct 3, 2015, 3pm MOCA Grand Avenue, 250 South Grand Ave Los Angeles, CA 90012
2. I was excited when Kera emailed me about Hannah Magazine. As she said, the women behind the publication have a “passionately curated, relevant, and on-point aesthetic– all geared towards women of color.” As someone who devours magazines and had dreams of starting my own magazine as a little girl, this message and aesthetic speak to me. It’s refreshing. You can join in, as I have, in helping them with their kickstarter, right here.
3. Mark your calendars, Bay Areans, for a Berkeley book signing and Q&A at Erica Tanov on October 8th, 6PM – 8PM. I look forward to seeing you and being back in the Bay!
4. Remember the painted headboard that we did for the charity design project earlier this year? Well I’ve finally got around to creating a step-by-step tutorial for that project. Check it out:
5. There is still time to vote for me in the Loloi #AmazingAnastasia competition. It’s super painless you don’t even have to enter your email. Just click go here and click ‘vote’!! THANK YOU!
6. Lastly, I’ve joined a new social app called Periscope (I know what you’re thinking but this is gonna be a good one…) The videos broadcast live, right from the phone, and people can interact with the person who is ‘scoping during the broadcast. Then the videos disappear after 24 hours. I have just started and am still figuring it all out but so far I really like it, so follow along over there if you like to get more in-depth and behind the scenes type stuff. My username is “JustinaBlakeneyLive” and I announce on Twitter and IG before I’m going to broadcast.
Have a lovely weekend, friends!