Soft, luxurious, and bohotastic? Yes please! We love a sumptuous velvet over here at Jungalow. Velvet isn’t just a texture you find on vintage 1960s pieces anymore. It’s making a major comeback and we totally see why. Velvet elevates any design with its opulent texture. It is woven and has a short, dense pile, which gives it that over-dyed deep hue. A bold jewel tone like saffron, emerald green, or ruby red really shines on a velvet piece.
Back in the day, velvet was only made of silk, which made it super pricey but today, it is produced with affordable materials like cotton so you can add a touch of luxury without breaking the bank! Plus, velvet is a really durable fabric.
Want to get the look? We found some great velvet pieces for you!
- Medina-Printed Tassa Sofa | Anthropologie
- Tasseled Velvet Pillow | Anthropologie
- Velvet Kuba Cloth Footstool | Chairish
- Platner for Knoll Sandstone Velvet Lounge Chair | Chairish
- Velvet Lumbar Pillow | All Modern
- Lush Velvet Quilt + Shams – Wasabi | West Elm
- Velvet Tribal Stunning Bolster Pillows – A Pair | Chairish
Vibin’ with velvet? Check out our boho-luxe finds in the shop!