25 August 2010

Compai Style: Tea Time!

Thrifting anywhere really does it for me– but thrift shopping in Europe is so much fun (if for no other reason than I allow myself to shop more and buy things I don’t really need when I’m on vacation.) I came back from Greece, Turkey and Switzerland this summer with some wonderful little treasures including textiles and tea pots.  I love the way the metallic ceramic vibes with the patterns in the textiles. It’s quite electric! I’ve never hosted a tea party in my life– but now that I’ve got all of the gear, I may have to have one!
Do you shop more when you’re traveling, or when you’re at home?

12 Responses to Compai Style: Tea Time!
  1. I need to get me some thrifting time with you – those teacups are BRILLIANT!

2. Christine says:

I definitely shop more when I travel – its so much easier to JUSTify every purchase, telling myself things like, “I can’t find this back home…”, “It’s a souvenir to remember the trip…”, “Treat yourself, you’re on vacation…” etc.

Those tea cups are so pretty and look great with the table cloth!

3. GB says:

LOVE those teacups!! there’s something about vacationing that spells a.b.a.n.d.o.n.!!!

4. Dee O. says:

OH MY!! I’m so glad I tripped upn your blog! It’s absolutely gorgeous, I love all these colors and patterns in every post! very good job :) i am your newest follower!

feel free to check out my blog:

5. Elizabeth says:

I buy more traveling to bring it back and make the trip last longer. :)

6. looks like we are all digging shopping on vacation and metallic tea cups! Thanks so much for all the comments. really makes me smile :-)

7. avrilloreti says:

Oh my! I am in Looooove with your blog! I just found it this morning and this photo shows the most amazing group of great thrift store finds ever! I just gave you a shout out on my blog! http://avrilloreti.blogspot.com Thanks!

8. Yay! Thanks Avril! Welcome to COMPAI!! totally flattered!

9. PhatGrrl says:

I collect far too many bits and bobs too, all worth while, or so I try to convince myself at the time of purchase, but the flat just isn’t big enough any more. Beautiful tea service, I would have made room for that one!!

10. Mattos says:

love the metallic, have never seen anything like this, will be on the look out for something similar

11. I definitely justify more when I’m travelling; “if I don’t buy it now THE CHANCE IS GONE FOREVER!” but I never dare to bring back delicate things like crockery… You’re lucky they’re all in one piece! Great find. Emma Louise Layla Xx