In the summertime I like to keep things pretty basic. I get hot easily (I mean sometimes I feel like I’m having hot flashes and, no I’m not preggers). So most days of the week if you find me riding my bike around Echo Park I’ll be wearing a simple tank top and jeans. But since I’m not really a basic kinda lady, I use accessories to create a little bit of pop. These are the pieces I found myself rocking over and over again this summer to dress up those boring, easy ‘fits.
1. Wedge Sandal by Soludos. Comfy, versatile. Easily dressed up or down*.
2. Pompom scarf at H&M. I wear this guy almost every day.
3. Beaded Necklace at H&M. (I could only find the gold one online, but I saw them recently in stores)
4. Dangles from Laborde. I keep these in my purse in case I need to go quickly from daytime to nighttime I throw these earrings on and slap on a bit of lipstick. Done and done*.
5. Clutch from Leah Singh. I keep this clutch in my big tote bag at all times, but if I’m running errands or, once again, going from daytime to nighttime wear, I use this pretty, pretty clutch as my primary bag*.
6. Kiehls mango lip balm. Seriously guys, I’m obsessed.
8. Glasses from SEE eyewear.
Photography by Justina Blakeney
*Product C/O the listed brand.